31 March 2016

Keith Jarrett - Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Through the end of winter there was this eager anticipation of better, sunny days to come and of spring to claim the land. As happens every year I'd totally forgotten that springtime promises include the promises of allergies. So with the eyes and nose dripping there's all the more reason to find some music that soothes the soul. ...
For today, that music is the phenomenal mastery of the piano by Keith Jarrett. Essentially, any of his piano pieces would do, but my all time favorite is the Koln Concert (part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4) ~ if you have the time and the inclination take a listen, it's worth it, I promise. For now and for this blog it's his interpretation of "Somewhere over the Rainbow" - enjoy!



Over the Rainbow

Somewhere over the rainbow,
Way up high.
There's a land that I've heard of,
Once in a lullaby.

Somewhere over the rainbow,
Skies are blue.
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.

Someday I wish upon a star, (someday I wish upon a star)
Where the clouds are far far far behind me
(And wake up where the clouds are far behind me)
Where.

All my troubles melt like lemon drops.
Way above the chimney tops, (way above the chimney tops)
That is where you will find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow,
Bluebirds fly.
If birds can fly over over the rainbow,
Then why, then why can't I
(Bids fly high, why can't I)
Ohh why ohhh why ohhh why ohhh
(If birds fly high, why can't I)
If every little bluebirds fly (if every bird fly)
Over the rainbow,
Somebody tell me why, somebody tell me
(If bids fly high, why can't I)
Why can't I.

Songwriters: COLE PORTER

© Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

For non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment