01 January 2016

Vaya Con Dios - Time Flies

Two songs in one day? Certainly not going to be the rule, but today ... Oh well, it's the first of the new year and weird stuff is to be expected. Like a call from a past so long ago that it was all but forgotten. Until that call, that is. As is so often the case with stirred up memories a song bursts forth from the recesses of my mind and starts playing. ... 
I had the opportunity to see/hear a life performance of Vaya Con Dios (the band, not the song of the same name).
You can't imagine how strong Dani Klein's voice is until you hear her fill the room with the sound system out of order. ...


Time flies
Vaya Con Dios

It's been such a funny day I don't know why
Walking on an endless lane Life passing me by
Tomorrow is calling But I'm dragging my feet
The skies are indecently clear But I can't stand the heat

Sleepwalking in a haze Stumbling like a child
Dragons that I used to chase Tease me from inside
The future's uncertain Just like yesterday
Memories of heaven Can be taken away

You know that time flies
And the rebels, one day They all go quiet
Ain't no money, ain't nobody
That can buy you peace of mind

They say you can learn from your mistakes It's a lie
My redemption has been staged Numerous times
But the angel of passion Still taunt me, in my sleep
They keep throwing petals and thorns Underneath my feet

You know, time flies
And the rebels, one day They all go quiet
Ain't no money, ain't nobody
That can buy you peace of mind

No comments:

Post a Comment