18 July 2018

Fever Ray / Karin Dreijer Andersson - Keep The Streets Empty For Me

It is the type of music that sneaks up on me and burrows deeply into my mind to be fully anchored there before I'm even aware of it. Just some song accompanying scenes in a "Bones" episode well prior to the crescendo and yet ... the steady rhythm kept beating in my veins well into the night. It took me a while to identify the song as "Keep the Streets Empty for Me" by "Fever Ray" which is an alias of "Karin Dreijer Andersson". I've since discovered quite a number of other Fever Ray songs with an equally compelling rhythm and melody that, in my mind, speaks of darkness and inevitability ...


Keep The Streets Empty For Me
By Karin Dreijer Andersson

Memory comes when memory's old
I am never the first to know
Following the stream up North
Where do people like us float



There is room in my lap
For bruises, asses, hand claps
I will never disappear
Forever, I'll be here

Whispering
Morning, keep the streets empty for me

I learned to not eat the snow
My fur is hot, my tongue is cold
On a bed of spider web
I think about to change myself

A lot of hope in a one man tent
There's no room for innocence
Take me home before the storm
Velvet mites will keep us warm

Whispering
Morning, keep the streets empty for me

Uncover our heads and reveal our souls
We were hungry before we were born

Songwriters: CECILIA NORDLUND, KARIN DREIJER ANDERSSON

© Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
For non-commercial use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment